Such a nice read before Ramadan!
Just as the trees need water to grow, the soul needs the Qur’an to nurture it. Qur’an helps nourish the soul, body and mind, reminding us constantly of our purpose in the world, as well as protecting us from shaytan. Let’s take a quick look at some points about the Holy Qur’an that every Muslim ought to know. They are easy to remember and quite interesting. Here we go!
1. The word Qur’an means ‘The Recitation’.
2. The Quran is also called- Al Furqaan (The Criterion of Judgement), Al-Kitaab (the book), Al-Karim (the noble), Al- Noor (the light), and Al-Huda (right guidance).
3. It has 114 chapters; 30 Juz (parts), 540 paragraphs and 6236 verses.
4. The Quran was first revealed in the Cave of Hira in Mecca to our beloved Prophet (pbuh) at the age of 40.
5. The Quran was revealed on a night called the Night…
View original post 456 more words