I love doing tags! There’s something about answering unique questions that I like and I was tagged by the amazing Adila M Karol. Her blog is SO amazing from creative D-I-Y, to Islamic reminders to her amazing reflections on life… I love reading her blog ❤
The rules for the tag are as follows:-
* Answer the 11 questions given to you.
* Nominate and tag 11 people.
* Give 11 questions for your nominee.
Here are the answers to her questions:-
1. What is your favourite memory from childhood?
I don’t really have a favourite because childhood in itself is so enjoyable, MashAllah but I do miss my brother. He was my #1 growing up and we had a great bond from when I was a toddler to when I was a teenager he was always there for me, may Allah Bless him.
2. If you could choose your name, what would you chose?
I used to force everyone around me to call me, “Lucy” when I was at school LOL. I wouldn’t reply to my name, “Larissa” and really didn’t like it.
I actually really like it now, it’s me and it’s not always heard of so for that reasons I like it and I’m happy my mum chose it for me. I realise now she must have put a lot of thought into it.
3. Is there some word that use very often while talking? What is it?
I use a lot of Arabic words, every few days I am asking “what does ____ mean?” so then I use it in every sentence possible, even if it doesn’t make sense in Arabic grammar and it often has my husband in stitches. Then I move onto the next word and it starts again lol.
4. What are you most passionate about?
My marriage. My job (I love my job) and my Deen, Alhamdulillah ❤
5. Describe your feeling right now.
A little bit stressed but Alhamdulillah overall I am so blessed & grateful! ❤
6. Tea or coffee-kind-of- person?
Green Tea, every day.
7. Your favourite time of the year? Why?
Ramadan/Eid. Ramadan is fulfilling and a unique month, you push yourself so much more, you clamp your tongue shut before you say something you might otherwise just say and forget the consequences, the people you love most return to Allah… it’s everything I wish for my non Muslim family to experience.
& Eid because I enjoy the Eid prayer, presents and FOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!
8. If you could change one thing about the world, what would that be?
Discrimination and inequality.
9. Do you read other blogs everyday? If not, how often?
Not every day to be honest because I don’t have the time. But I love having time to read a few, the ones I engage in most are probably the ones I nominated for this tag.
10. Which country are you currently from?
I am from Scotland but currently live in Egypt.
11. Tell me something you are proud of for yourself.
I am proud that I reverted to Islam, I am proud that despite many people telling me I am brainwashed, I am doing it for love, I will regret it etc etc etc not a day has passed where I have thought twice about my decision and Subhan’Allah there are low days where I think bad about things I love most and trust me, Islam is not one of them. If anything, I am closer to Allah on my low days, Alhamdulillah wa Shukrallah ❤
THANK YOU for reading & I nominate the following blogs:
A beautiful and visually stunning blog, just look at it! MashAllah it’s beautiful! I love those personal style blogs where you feel like you are getting to know someone, too… and this one is just THAT!
Every girly girl’s dream blog. Fashion, beauty and all cute accessories. Sometimes I love just looking at all the pieces of make-up that are new in and reading reviews is important to me, I don’t want to waste my money.
I found this quirky little travel blog, it’s full of amazing tips, pictures and useful information (but not the boring kind). If you are interested in travel you have to visit this blog.
Scottish & Muslimah < I don’t know which one makes me love her more. Her blog and writing is incredible, she is a seriously talented writer and I hope one day we see her name all over Waterstone’s for the best selling novel!
One of the things I like most about this blog is that she is consistent and passionate. Oftentimes, straight to the point but actually that’s what we need in this day and age with information overload everywhere we turn…
I’ve loved this blog since day one. Her topics of conversation are controversial but interesting and honest. I always look forward to seeing what’s new on this blog and think this sister is one of the best!
I recently followed this blog mostly because the writer is based in Saudi and I have a bit of an obsession with Saudi atm. But her writing is amazing, so so so special. I love everything she writes about from the heart and it’s quickly become one of my favourite blogs MashAllah!
This blog screams variety! There is so many different blog posts but at the same time as a Muslimah I find every post relatable and interesting! I have really enjoyed visiting this blog.
(You do not have to do the tag if you don’t want to. Also, let me know if you wish to be nominated. i would be happy to do that for you.)
Here are my questions:
1. Who inspires you?
2. How do you feel about Ramadan approaching?
3. Where is your favourite place to go on a weekday afternoon when you have no plans or obligations?
4. What is your talent?
5. Choose an inspiration quote that always picks you up.
6. Which would be harder to give up, tea or coffee?
7. Is there a book or documentary that really changed the way you thought about something?
8. What’s more important to you, your home or your career?
9. How long have you been blogging for?
10. Which country are you from?
11. What du’a do you seem to make the most?